In spring 2019 the OPW invited members of the public to have their say on proposals they had to redevelop the Phoenix Park. Mary made a detailed submission, which you can read HERE, calling for the following:
- Protection of the natural amenity and biodiversity
- Integrated traffic management
- Refurbishment and retro-fitting of residential properties in the park for employee accommodation, not Air B and Bs
- Protection and promotion of the culture and history of the park
- Improved visitor facilities
- Limit of retail activity
Mary welcomes the publication of the OPW’s review of public submissions and their adoption of Mary’s proposals in their review. You can read the full review HERE.