Mary spoke in favour of Government’s Affordable Housing Bill when it came before the Seanad for Debate.
Mary urged all members of the Oireachtas to support the Affordable Housing Legislation to:
- Empower Local Authorities and the state to build affordable homes on state owned lands
- Introduce Affordable Cost Rental to provide security and affordability to renters
- Double the amount of Social and Affordable Housing in every new development
- Financially support first time buyers purchase their forever home
- Radically and ambitiously drive the state provision of increased affordability and supply of homes.
To read more about the bill click here