Mary supported the Government’s 2021 Budget which represents the single biggest budget in the history of the state designed to protect both lives and livelihoods and give us all hope for the future.
Included in the 2021 Budget is funding for the following;
· Housing: €3.3Billion on Affordable, Social, Homeless and Rental Sector
· Health: Slaintecare, €50m Mental Health, €100m Disability Services, Community beds and Homecare
· Education: Reduced class size 25:1, 1,000 additional SNAs, 80 additional Speech and Language Therapists and 145 School Buildings
· Higher Education: €50milion Student Supports, 5,000 additional places, 1,500 Springboard Training, Increase SUSI Grant for postgraduates, €270million Campus upgrades
· Social Welfare: Increased living alone allowance, fuel allowance, qualified child payment, carers support grant.
· Entertainment & Culture: Live Entertainment, Arts Council, Sports Infrastructure
· Climate Change: €500million Climate Action fund, Just Transition, Home Energy Grants, Public Transport
· Justice: Garda recruitment, civilianisation, €250m investment in IT and Forensic Science
· Jobs & Business: Rates Waiver, Wage Subsidy and Reduced Vat Rate
For more details on Budget 2021 please click HERE.