Mary welcomes the announcement from An Taoiseach about the gradual easing of restrictions. The last year has been very tough on everyone in our society, so with his announcement the Taoiseach gave us real hope of brighter days ahead.
From 10th May:
- An increase in the numbers that can meet outdoors for social/recreational purposes, including in private gardens – maximum of 3 households or 6 people.
- Reopening of personal services by appointment.
- Funerals– 50 mourners permitted at service. Related events, either before or after should not take place.
- Weddings –
- Services – 50 guests permitted at service (civil or religious).
- Celebration/Reception – 6 for indoor gatherings/15 for outdoor gatherings.
- Inter-county travel can resume.
For the full information on the easing of restrictions & dates click here.
With 1.5 million vaccine doses now administered we have close to 30% of the population have had at least one dose of the vaccine.
Hope is returning!