Following Mary’s representations on behalf of East Wall residents regarding parking congestion, Dublin City Council undertook studies of the area and have issued two preliminary reports.
Neighbourhood Transport Scheme Phase 2 Report (Central Area): This report reviewed councillor questions and traffic requests and concluded that East Wall was suitable for a Neighbourhood Transport Scheme Assessment. The full report can be read HERE.
East Wall Preliminary Phase 3 Report: The purpose of this report is to outline the potential solutions available to alleviate the issues specific to East Wall. The full report can be read HERE.
The proposed measures include the following:
- Parking Demand Management
- Pay & Display Parking
- Sustainable Parking Provision e.g. introduction of Cycle Parking facilities.
- Parking Restrictions e.g. installation of Double Yellow Lines
- Physical Obstructions e.g. installation of Planter Boxes
- Parking Enforcement
- Traffic Rerouting Measures
- Access Restriction Signage e.g. Left Turn Bans
- Filtered Permeability e.g. Cycle Gates’
- One-Way Systems
- Quick Wins
- East Road: Cycle Stands @ Centra
- Ossory Road: Pedestrian Safety Measures
- Bike Bunkers: Secure On-street Storage
Next steps will involve discussion and review by Councillors, including a workshop to approve go ahead.
Residents are encouraged to offer personal feedback to NTSnorth@dublincity.ie