Mary welcomes the package of measures to further support businesses who have been impacted by the additional public health restrictions which came into place on Monday.
Below is a summary of these supports for more details click here.
· The Employment Wage Subsidy Scheme (EWSS) is being amended further so that firms who previously availed of EWSS but may have deregistered or not made a claim in recent months as their turnover level made them ineligible, can re-enter the scheme in January if they meet the qualification criteria.
· The Covid Restrictions Support Scheme (CRSS) will now be available to businesses who are impacted by the latest public health restrictions being required to close early and, in some cases, restrict capacity.
· The reduction in turnover threshold will be increased from 25% to 40% to allow more companies qualify for CRSS.
· Revenue have indicated that it will be possible to have the amended CRSS scheme operational and accepting claims for the affected sectors in the coming days.
· The tax debt warehousing scheme will be extended to allow the period where liabilities arising can be “warehoused” to be extended to the end of Q1 2022 for all taxpayers eligible for the Covid-19 support schemes.