Climate Change is THE the defining issue of this generation. Like most people Mary tries to be environmentally responsible:
- At home Mary minimises waste, segregates and recycles rubbish, keeps a bucket in the shower, rain water harvester in the garden, solar panels on the roof, uses a clothes horse instead of a tumble dryer, walks, bikes, buses limits using the car
- Mary is a member and supporter of Friends of the Earth
- Mary supports Friends of the Irish Environment legal challenge to Government inaction on Climate Change
- Mary supports and promotes Dublin’s first Climate Action Plan
- Mary works constructively with Green Party City Councillors and engage other parties to promote climate action in Dublin City
But all our individual efforts alone are not going to protect our bio-diversity or save our environment and the longer Government delays action on Climate change the more expensive it is to fix, economically, socially and environmentally.
Ireland is completely failing to meet its targets on climate action which threatens the future of our environment and planet.
Mary’s track record on Climate Action:
- Funding to retrofitting and insulation of social homes in Dublin Central
- Drove investment in pedestrian, cycle and public transport
- Supporter and champion of Dublin City Climate Action Plan
- Campaigning for more than fifteen years for Climate Action
Mary’s priorities for Climate Action in Dublin Central are:
- Investment in renewable energy
- Incentives for retrofitting and insulating all homes
- Investment in public transport
- A just transition to sustainable farming
For more click HERE to see how Mary is actively campaigning and working to combat climate change.