The closure of Fitzgibbon Street and Whitehall Garda Stations, reduced Garda numbers and resources have led to unacceptably high levels of crime in Dublin Central.
Mary’s Track record on Crime:
- Founding and active Director of Community Policing Forum
- Founding and active Director of Youth Diversion Service
- Chair of Dublin City Joint Policing Committee
- Director of Family Resource Centre
Mary’s priorities for Crime in Dublin Central are:
- Dedicated Small Area Community Policing
- Strong Community Policing fora
- Investment in Youth Diversion programmes & victim support
- Legislation to tackle the scourge of scrambler bikes and juvenile drug dealing
- Safer public spaces
Click HERE to see all the work Mary has been doing in the area of Crime & Policing.