There are nearly 5,000 vacant properties in Dublin Central, hundreds of state-owned sites and key public buildings are underutilised and derelict.
Mary’s Track record on Dereliction:
- Successfully campaigned to get Dublin City Council to CPO vacant properties
- Initiated legislation to establish North Inner-City Development Secured increased penalties for vacant properties in Dublin Central
- Authority to secure state commitment for regeneration of North Inner City
Mary’s priorities for Urban Regeneration in Dublin Central are:
- Complete legislation for North Inner-City Development Authority driving social regeneration
- Supports for owners to renovate and re-open derelict properties
- State investment to regenerate public properties like the Fruit & Veg Market, Dalymount, Moore Street National Monument, Parnell Square, Aldborough House, Dorset Street, Constitution Hill and Matt Talbot Court flats
Click HERE to see all the work Mary has been doing in the area of Housing & Planning.