DCC updated Weather Warning @ 12 noon 17th October 2012
Up to 20 millimetres of rain fell between 4am and 6 30am this morning. The City Council’s Drainage staff dealt the incidents of localised road flooding throughout the night. The following preventative measures to deal with the predicted high tides and rainfall have been put in place:
· The Liffey Boardwalk defences have been closed.
· The car parks at Sandymount promenade and Clontarf have been closed. .
· The flood defences on the River Tolka have been put in place.
· Drainage crews have been mobilised.
· The flood gates on the River Dodder have been closed.
The first high tide this morning has passed with the predicted localised overtopping. Today’s tide, due just after 1 pm, is predicted to reach the City Council’s tide alert level. Overtopping of the defences at Clontarf is anticipated and will be monitored. The Sandymount area will continue to be monitored for minor overtopping.
Comments are closed.