At the last meeting I chaired of the Dublin Central Joint Policing Committee the Gardai provided an update on the operations they are undertaking to address the increasing problem of theft of mobile phones. Their operation is proving effective in the city center but I thought constituents might also find the following Crime Prevention Advice re. Mobile Phone Security useful:
Mobile Phone Security Tips
1. Be Aware of IMEI Number: Record the 15-digit IMEI number of your mobile phone – the IMEI is located on the back of your phone, underneath the battery or dial *#06# on your keypad, the IMEI code will appear on the phone’s display panel. The IMEI code is important detail for An Garda Siochana if your phone is stolen so please store it safely.
2. Lock your GSM phone to your SIM card.
Enable the PIN (personal identification number) security feature of your mobile phone so it can only be used if the PIN has been keyed in.
3. Keep your phone locked at all times (if your phone has this menu function)
4. Be aware of your surroundings and don’t use your phone where you might feel unsafe.
5. Be alert and do not get distracted while on the phone in public places.
6. Never leave your phone unattended.
Comments are closed.