Mary attended the second meeting of the Moore Street Advisory Group, MSAG, where Hammersons shared a presentation on their revised plans for development of their “Dublin Central” site.
Their plans are the work of a team of both Irish and international design, heritage and environmental professionals. They are proposing a mixed use development of office, retail, residential and recreation accommodations with the following objectives for the overall site:
- Worldclass mixed use site
- Restoration of O’Connell Street
- Creation of new pedestrian street
- Restoration and protection of heritage
- Restoration and protection of Moore Street Market
- Creation of a Historical trail
- New public square
- Metrolink station
They aim to lodge an application for planning permission in March ’21.