Applications regarding several significant developments have been lodged in the past few weeks. Several applications refer to student accommodation as well as to tourism accommodation. Please see some applications of note detailed below.
Number of commercial applications: 37 Number of domestic applications: 8
- Permission is sought to enlarge the Maldron Hotel on Dorset Street. This would involve adding a sixth storey and linking the hotel with 3-5 Granby Row to provide for more bedrooms.
- Plans have been submitted for the construction of two buildings (4 storey and 6 storey) to provide for a 161-bed student accommodation facility at 493-511 North Circular Road. As well as rooms, it is intended that the ground floor would provide retail and gym space.
- Wetherspoons have submitted plans to construct a pub and restaurant with outdoor seating at 12C Abbey Street.
- The Simon Community have sought permission to extend their property at 314-316 and 318, 320, 320 North Circular Road. It is proposed to construct a 3 storey building adjacent to the current premises, consisting of 20 new en suite bedrooms.
- Permission is sought to demolish the current buildings at 35/36 Abbey Street to make way for a 9 storey 144-bedroom tourism hostel.
- Plans have been submitted for the building of a new 860 m2 apartment building consisting of 9 apartments at 51/52 Bolton Street.
All plans can be inspected online here or in person by appointment to the Planning Department, Dublin City Council, Civic Offices, Wood Quay, Dublin 8 where a staff member will be available for assistance and explanation.