Support Our Secretaries

School secretaries are vital to the successful running of every school.  Yet as employees they are being treated as second class citizens.   90% of school secretaries do not have the same safeguards in place as the other 10% who are employed directly by the Department of Education. 

These secretaries are at a great disadvantage when it comes to sick leave, certainty of hours or pay increases. Many will have spent the summer months on social welfare.  These secretaries, mostly women, and the work they do should be respected and valued. 

The Workplace Relations Commission mandated that talks would take place this year between Government and the Unions but Government inaction has left school secretaries with no other option but to resort to industrial action. 

You can get more information and sign the petition HERE.