Mary has called on Ministers Donohue, McGrath & O’Gorman to support Ireland’s youth services in the upcoming budget.
There has never been a more important time to support our young people, they have been hit hard by this pandemic, and are suffering more than most.
Mary is a founding Director of Cabra 4 Youth, a community led youth group and justice youth diversion programme dedicated to supporting young people at risk in Cabra.
Mary supports The National Youth Council of Ireland’s 5 requests to Government:
- €4.7M investment in Youth Organisations to provide more supports & activities for young people.
- €27M investment to support an additional 28,000 education, training, apprenticeship and job subsidy places for young jobseekers.
- Equality for Young Jobseekers: in Budget 2021 take the first of two steps to restoring the full rate of Jobseeker’s Allowance to young people aged 18-24
- Tackle Youth Homelessness: Allocate €3m in Budget 2021 to resource and implement the National Youth Homelessness Strategy.
- Support Youth participation in decision making around Climate Action