Housing in Dublin Central is unaffordable for working people. Rents have increased by 400% and ZERO affordable homes have been built in the last nine years. Dublin Central provides 40% of the 4,000 homeless beds in the city and the emotional, social and economic cost to individuals, families and our community is doing untold damage.
Mary’s Track record on Housing:
- Successfully secured approval for largest housing development in Dublin Central: 824 homes in O’Devaney Gardens, 80% social and affordable 20% private
- Member of Dublin City Council Housing Strategic Policy Committee
- Champion of the Vienna Housing Model in Dublin
Mary’s priorities for Housing in Dublin Central are:
- State invests in homes, not homelessness
- Affordable homes to both rent and buy
- Sustainable, secure, affordable homes for all in Dublin Central
Click HERE to see all the work Mary has been doing in the area of Housing & Planning.