In response to request from residents during Mary’s recent canvass of Glenbeigh road Mary made representations to Dublin City Council regarding the following issues:
- Poor state of the footpaths and need for repair of same
- Increasing traffic volumes and speed
- Upgrade of public lighting
Dublin City Council responded to Mary’s representations as follows:
- The footpaths on Glenbeigh Road have been included in Dublin City Council’s 2017 major works programme and it is envisaged that they will be completed by the end of this year, subject to budget availability. The footpaths will be repaired in concrete and not with ecoflex
- The issues with vehicle volumes and speed have been referred to Dublin City Council’s traffic advisory group for review and recommendation.
- The quality of public lighting is being upgraded.