Below you will find a brief update on some of of Mary’s work over the past week:
- Began work to end SHD’s and to restore local democratic planning decision making. As a member of the Joint Oireachtas Committee on Housing, Heritage & Local Government Mary commenced pre-legislative scrutiny of the proposed Large-Scale Residential Development Bill which will replace the SHD process.
- Mary met with community members & the Gardai to discuss anti-social and crime related issues in Cabra .
- Mary attended a productive meeting of the Women’s parliamentary caucus, where it was agreed to write to the Minister for Health asking him to legislate for safe zones around clinics that provide abortion services.
- Mary received an update from DCC that planning application for apartments at “Matt’s of Cabra” has been lodged for 137 apartments
- Mary Chaired a briefing with Minister Darragh O’Brien for Fianna Fáil County Councillors on Housing for All, who are determined to deliver social and affordable homes in their communities.
- Cllr Eimer McCormack & Mary met with owners of Ashtown Stables whose valuable community amenity is under threat of compulsory purchase order by Irish Rail as part of the DART+West project. Mary believes a solution can and must be found to save these stables and she will continue to work with the family and local community to find a solution. The closing date for submissions is extended by three weeks to September 29th 2021.
- Weekly clinic was busy dealing with Constituent queries around passports, housing, crime & special needs supports for both children & adults.
- Mary met in person with her colleagues for the 1st time at the Fianna Fáil Parliamentary Party meeting. Where there was a detailed review of General Election 2020 and discussion on Housing, Climate Action & Mental Health.