Yesterday Dublin City Council (DCC) confirmed that an application has been made by Ballymore to An Bord Pleanála (ABP) for a Strategic Housing Development (SHD) on the site of the former Ormond Printworks on Rathoath Road.
Ballymore made the application on Dec 6th and describe the development as residential, mixed use and consisting of:
- 435 apartments (217 one-bedroom and 218 two-bedroom)
- 5 blocks of 4 to 13 floors together with underground parking space
- a Primary Health Care Centre with integrated café
- a pharmacy, offices, fitness centre/juice bar
- reception area/management suite, storage space, bin stores, cycle parking, hard and soft landscaping and plant rooms
ABP are now in the process of validating the application and are inviting observations & submissions from the public up until Jan 20th.
All the detail supporting the application can be viewed HERE or at the following locations:
- An Bord Pleanála, 64 Marlborough Street, Dublin 1, at the following times 9.15 a.m. to 5.30 p.m. on Monday to Friday (except on public/bank holidays)
- Dublin City Council, Planning and Property Development Department, Block 4, Floor 0, Civic Offices, Wood Quay, Dublin 8 at the following times: Monday-Friday, 9.00a.m. – 4.30p.m. (except on public/bank holidays)
Any person may make a submission or observation in writing to ABP at the above address. Submissions ought to relate to the implications of the proposed development for proper planning and sustainable development in the area. Details of how to make a submission/observation can be seen HERE.