A transformative redesign is proposed for the compound in Ventry, Cabra West which would redesign the hard surface tarmac dominated compound into a multi-use bio-diverse neighbourhood park.
Mary encourages everyone to have a look at the proposed plans which are on display on the compound railings or HERE and to give their feedback before the July 31st deadline.
The proposed plan includes the following:
- New entrances and new path to increase footfall and access to the park.
- New trees, wild flowers and planting.
- Increased play areas with a segregated play area for smaller children.
- A new MUGA: Multi-Use-Games-Area.
- The statue of our lady will be retained and the surrounding area will be tidied up.
- New surfacing that absorbs water bounded by small wall that will allow for casual plan and seating.
The public consultation process is as follows;
- Public display boards on Ventry Park – June 19th 2020
- Citizen Space public consultation upload – June 19th 2020
- Leaflet Drop – June 19th 2020
- Public Consultation submission closing date – July 31st 2020