In light of the serious issues that have arisen with DCC’s withdrawal from the collection of domestic waste in Dublin City, last night with the support of the FF councillors and a number of Independent Councillors I formally requested the Lord Mayor to immediately convene a meeting with the CEO of Greyhound and the City Manager to address the following issues:
- Late notification to customers of DCC’s withdrawal from the collection of Domestic Waste
- Up-front payment of €112 is unreasonable
- Fixing of charges for only six months is unreasonable
- Payment arrangements
- Clarification on continuation of the brown bin service
- Tags collection
- Alternative operators in Dublin City (i.e. the Manager to identify what competitive operators/choice is available to homeowners in each area of Dublin city)
- Details of the contract should be disclosed to the elected representatives
I will update this site when the Lord Mayor replies.
Click HERE for later updates on this matter.