The Phoenix Park is Europe’s largest city park and an invaluable local public amenity. The Office of Public Works, OPW, recently published a draft visitor strategy for the park which ran to more than 200 pages.
Mary made a detailed submission to the OPW calling for the following:
• Greater awareness and public consultation
• Priority to retaining the Phoenix Park as a free, natural, public amenity
• Preservation of the entire park as a biodiverse green lung for the city
• Rejection of large-scale retail development in the Park
• Restoration of all residential properties in Phoenix park as staff accommodation
• Rejection of short-term holiday letting of staff accommodation
• Public transportation solutions
• OPW to meet with City Councillors to review the outcome of the consultation
You can read Mary’s submission HERE.