Mary recognises that reform of the State Pension is an important issue. Under Manifesto 2020, Fianna Fáil intends to address concerns raised under #STOP67 as follows:
- Reinstate the State Pension (Transition) which will be paid to people aged 65 & over who retire but are not yet entitled to a State Pension
- Establish a Commission on Pensions to examine the State Pension age
- Defer the increase in the State Pension age (due to rise to 67 in 2021) until the Commission examines this issue.
- Progress a Fianna Fáil Bill introduced in the last Dáil in December 2016 to outlaw contracts that stipulate retirement at 65.
- Encourage employers to facilitate employees who wish to work beyond the age of 65